Friday, August 19, 2005

My thoughts om Lisa's cooking

Hey there, I just LOVE a wife that can cook, especially some good comfort food!!!! For those of you who know me well, you know that I LOVE to cook. Over here though, it is not always the culturally acceptable thing for me to be cooking. So when we came, I told Lisa that I would try to back off, at least for lunches, during the week (for most dinners we eat sandwiches or something VERY lite). I have tried to not make too many suggestive comments, and actually have not made and suggestions in a while. This is because my wife has turned into a GREAT cook, her Grandmother would be proud! This is saying a lot as we have almost NO quick fix items here, other then what we get from home, so everything just about has to be made from scratch. She has come across some great recipes, and has played with the ingredients as if I would, and made them her own. One of the best things she does for me though, is make some good; old-fashioned comfort food. Some of these I had growing up, others are just standard things, but they remind me of home, which I need from time-to-time. Here are a list of some of my favorite comfort foods that she makes.
  • chocolate-chip cookies (although I do not get them as much as I would like)
  • Fried chicken
  • Chicken & dumplings (her Grandmother's recipe)
  • Sour eggs (something I grew up with-a cream sauce with vinegar & mustard & hard boiled eggs over boiled potatoes)
  • Chicken with a soy sauce & water sauce with rice something else I grew up with)
  • Round steak (something her mother makes- I am not sure which is better...They both are AWESOME!!!)
  • Chicken nuggets (not the store bought kind either!!!)
  • banana bread/muffins

New comfort foods/:
  • Texas hash (ground beef, tomatoes & rice)
  • Curried ground beef (basically a beef stew)
  • tamale pie
There are others as well, I just can not think of them now. Remember, we are talking about all of these being made from scratch!!! God has definitely blessed me with a wonderful wife!!!! I LOVE HER AND HER COOKING!!!!!!!!!

No comments: