Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A thought for today

An interesting thing has been in my mind lately. Here, after saying that you will see someone later, do something later or just reference something to be done in the future in general, it is followed by "EnshAllah" or " Bu soobee Boroom Bi," both of which mean " If God wills it." One quickly gets the idea that most that say it, even the Christains, mean it. They tend to have a better view that all we do is guided by God and that NOTHING happens by accident. The Bible even tells us to have this mind set in James 4:13-15. God is teaching me everyday, more and more that I am NOT in controll as much as I thought I was.

Who is in controll of your life? When things don't go the way you think they should, do you get frustrated and upset, or do you just say, "Oh, well, God id in controll and not me!" Try to at least think, if not say, "If God wills it" next time you talk about what the future hold for you. It will change your outlook on life.

No comments: